Black Pen Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingdom hearts

4 posters

Go down

Kingdom hearts Empty Kingdom hearts

Post by Haydron Fri Jan 15 2010, 19:36

I really love Kh, it is one of squares best games ever. It even made me like pop :b
Haydron
Haydron
Level 11
Level 11

Back to top Go down

Kingdom hearts Empty RE: kingdom hearts

Post by Samata94 Sat Jan 16 2010, 19:16

I loved the first game it was really fantastic Very Happy
Samata94
Samata94
Level 2
Level 2

Back to top Go down

Kingdom hearts Empty Re: Kingdom hearts

Post by Frostborn Mon Jan 18 2010, 11:36

it's a sweet game^^
Frostborn
Frostborn
Winter Lord
Winter Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Razak Mon Jan 18 2010, 13:03

I have this game on PS2... But I haven't tried it yet. I can't imagien why this game would be good... Please explain this to me.
Razak
Razak
Level 13
Level 13

http://blackpen.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Haydron Mon Jan 18 2010, 13:14

Razak wrote:I have this game on PS2... But I haven't tried it yet. I can't imagien why this game would be good... Please explain this to me.

I've got the feeling you like a strong story right?
This is one of Squares best stories, it envolves Disney's fairytale style mixed with Final fantasy's strong fantasy style. It is a great fantasy story with battles, love, hate betrayal everything.

The fighting style is uniqe, it is rt fighting with rpg elements like lvl and stat changes.

If you try the first one, you may borrow it from me. I think you will like it.

Second plus it's nostalgic since all your old Disney char is reanimated with most of the original voice cast.
It's a well funded well planned game, with strong story and gameplay. Mixing exploring with story.
Haydron
Haydron
Level 11
Level 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Razak Mon Jan 18 2010, 17:21

Haydron wrote:
Razak wrote:I have this game on PS2... But I haven't tried it yet. I can't imagien why this game would be good... Please explain this to me.

I've got the feeling you like a strong story right?
This is one of Squares best stories, it envolves Disney's fairytale style mixed with Final fantasy's strong fantasy style. It is a great fantasy story with battles, love, hate betrayal everything.

The fighting style is uniqe, it is rt fighting with rpg elements like lvl and stat changes.

If you try the first one, you may borrow it from me. I think you will like it.

Second plus it's nostalgic since all your old Disney char is reanimated with most of the original voice cast.
It's a well funded well planned game, with strong story and gameplay. Mixing exploring with story.

Vad folk säger om Kingdom Hearts på Internet. wrote:
Well, I have tried some... and the game feels way overrated.
Why it's even one of the classics I don't understand.

It felt terribly awkward around the Disney parts. The characters move in generally the right ways, they say the right lines and yet... It all feels so stilted.
Is it because my ear is straining for the classic voice actors? Is it because the 3d cell shading just doesn't work like traditional animation? Damn, I don't know. There is something.

It seems like, when the player gets to fight baddies like Jafar and Ursula, the game is at its best. So why not let me fight Strombolli and some angry heartless puppets? Why not let me fight the Queen of Hearts herself? The heartless bosses, and the heartless themselves, are so... boring.

But there's something else - I really don't like Kingdom Hearts' battle system. I think I would enjoy it a great deal more if it was your traditional turn based system, maybe with some cool tri-attacks and each character having unique abilities. Instead, the player gets what I'll call the "hack-hack-slash-slash-fire" battle system. When fighting a boss, a typical player (from what I've seen) will jump up, and hack away at the enemy. Then jump again, and hack away at the enemy some more. Then run away and heal. Then it's back to jumping and hacking, and getting hit a bunch. When fighting regular heartless baddies, it's more hack-hack-slash-slash. The buddies you pick up like Donald and Goofy (especially Donald) seem to be next to useless, typically providing an okay distraction before getting knocked senseless.

Beyond the battle system, the 'worlds' are fairly dull and not very fun to run through. The aforementioned 'Monstro level' is a series of brightly colored chambers that mostly look the same. Wonderland is extremely geometric - I really can't stand that level. The Tarzan and Pooh levels are kind of nice looking in places, but I can't say that I like the Little Mermaid level. Most of the dungeon crawling consists of running through a lot of rooms that look basically the same, either hacking-slashing-firing heartless or just avoiding them. It's a wearying process.

I understand that this is strictly an opinion thing. I understand that some people probably love the confusing levels, the lame combat and the stilted Disney stuff. As for me, for the life of me I can't understand how this game got to be such a classic. I'm pretty sure it's not the cliche storyline or the lame gummi ship parts (why in the world do they have that?).

Razak
Razak
Level 13
Level 13

http://blackpen.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Haydron Mon Jan 18 2010, 18:50

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/kingdomhearts/review.html

Read this I can't say that I agree with that person who wrote that text. I think he has underestimated the game or just don't get it.
Haydron
Haydron
Level 11
Level 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum